Arisen

HomeHome   HomeAP List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rift: Planes of Telara
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arisen Forum Index -> Other Games: Public Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gkar
Registered Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadly it seems its a limited beta play... and can only play the defiants...

oh well, at least i will get a taste of it.

look for daveak as my name for defiants.. saving gkar or gkarx for guardians if that name isnt all ready taken.

pretty cool video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZawbMZwBZc&hd=1
Everquest Next Landmark - Gkar
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brokk
Registered Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: RE: Reply with quote

Beta 3 starts on December 28, and ends on 12/31. Did any of you folks get invited to play in that one? I have played both sides up to this point, and have to say its very polished. Plus I love the mixing and mashing of the souls!
Fredrich
Vanguard Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things I dont like:

1) The severe hand holding on a very linear quest line. The map shows you everything, from where Rifts are popping to the next quest and even the direction the invaders are running. Little incentive to explore and zero suprises.
2) The Global Cooldown. Too many of the abilities are tied together and should be broken off from one another; Scouts are especially horrible.

Im also concerned about the Rifts themselves (not the raid ones that most will be lucky to hit) but the smaller ones in the lower level zones. What is going to be the incentive to close them after the majority of the players have passed beyond those zones at level. I can overlook this though but it might suck for those who start late.

Other than that the game is solid and could easily be played now. Few bugs and a very stable platform. Quests are drawn up with most having some purpose or a nice story.
Brokk
Registered Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: RE: Reply with quote

Fredrich wrote:
Two things I dont like:

1) The severe hand holding on a very linear quest line. The map shows you everything, from where Rifts are popping to the next quest and even the direction the invaders are running. Little incentive to explore and zero suprises.
2) The Global Cooldown. Too many of the abilities are tied together and should be broken off from one another; Scouts are especially horrible.

Im also concerned about the Rifts themselves (not the raid ones that most will be lucky to hit) but the smaller ones in the lower level zones. What is going to be the incentive to close them after the majority of the players have passed beyond those zones at level. I can overlook this though but it might suck for those who start late.

Other than that the game is solid and could easily be played now. Few bugs and a very stable platform. Quests are drawn up with most having some purpose or a nice story.

Actually the appearance of Rifts scale with the number of players in the nearby vicinity. So as people start later in the game, there will be fewer and fewer Rifts. As a result, those players starting later should not have any problem dealing with the few they get (and with the fewer number of mobs per Rift).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arisen Forum Index -> Other Games: Public Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: