Arisen

HomeHome   HomeAP List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fallout 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arisen Forum Index -> Other Games: Public Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zarithar Savageclaw
Founding Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pitt expansion comes out this month... 3/24! Pittsburgh is apparently raider central... new weapons, new armor, new factions to either befriend or not. One of the Brotherhood NPCs at the Citadel is from the Pitt, and dialogue with him makes it sound real interesting.
Fredrich
Vanguard Officer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I love this game so much because you actually have to think about how you are going to move and which weapons to use in a given situation. I like it when you are moving a dark building and there are ghouls hissing and you are creeping along and snipe them. You check the area to make sure they are all dead, begin to loot the area and when you have your back turned something is beating on you. You turn and there is a freaking ghoul. Where the hell did he come from as youre trying to get him off. I like finding small areas like the drainage sewers and the raider base on top of the freeway.

I think the railway gun works really well when you have decent sniping skills. It is alot like the hunting rifle in that if you are hidden you can kill a mob with a headshot with one shot versus using another weapon. The railway gun also rips a limb off if they are near (about 5 to 10 feet) a wall or solid object.
Minnesnowta
Registered Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea I was using the railway rifle a little bit last night in the subway south of Tenpenny Towers...it worked alright. I also made the shishkebab (flaming sword) and was having a bit of fun sneaking up on feral ghouls and 1-shotting them (didn't work so well free-aiming, but always worked in VATS).

I also began playing the "main" questline and encountered my first super mutant behemoth...sorta fun but man, what a highly scripted encounter. He starts beating on everyone then runs away to a corner until you snag the fatman from the BoS guy? Lame. Oh well, first time I used a fatman in the game and it was neat, ended up shooting at the dude when he was next to a car so the combined nuke + car explosion 1-shotted him.

BTW, I am playing the PC version of the game so I must admit that I often tap F5 (quicksave) when running around and if an encounter didn't go the way I wanted it to, I just keep F9ing (quickload). Sorta makes things trivial but I like being able to kill things in 1-3 bullets with 0 damage taken Smile
Minnesnowta
Registered Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit level 19 last night and did some cool stuff:

Got all the keys for the quest "You gotta shoot em in the head" and made my way up north to Fort Constatine....but along the way came up to a strange cave with a footlocker full of ammo and guns outside...

Walked up to the door and it read "Deathclaw Sanctuary" which I was not expecting at all. But I had my dart gun with me and my Blackhawk, so I figured I'd be alright....turns out a sneak crit headshot with the Blackhawk brought a deathclaw down to 1 bar of health, so 2 .44 magnum bullets per Deathclaw Smile. I killed 5 deathclaws in about 15 minutes (sorta slow because I had to sneak around because my strat depended on sneak crits and also didn't want a deathclaw to get the jump on me, obviously) and at the end of the tunnels, lo and behold there was a weapon called Vengence (special version of the laser gatling gun), so that was sweet.

I then continued on my way north to Fort Constantine and took out all the robots (including Mr. Gutsy and Sentry Bots) in 1 combat shotgun blast (I should mention that I have the "Better Criticals" and "Sneak Attack" perks, which is making the game super trivial) and eventually grabbed the T-51B power armor set (apparantly the best in the game?) which required all the keys from that "You gotta shoot em in the head" quest to access.

At this time I now had 2 sets of power armor (the set from Old Olney sewers is the other one) and decided that I needed to play the main questline so that I could get power armor training...so spent another 2 hours running from rivet city to vault 102, played some crazy virtual reality simulator where I had to divorce a couple and my dad was a dog, back to rivet city, to the lincoln memorial, then through some tunnels and finally into the citadel to learn power armor and nearly passed out because it was 1:40 AM.

But yea, to sum it up: hit level 19, got the best armor in the game, got the best energy weapon in the game (minus the 2 alien guns), can 2-shot deathclaws with a pistol (Blackhawk is a specialized version of the scoped .44 mag btw), and advanced the main story a little bit, whee!
Zarithar Savageclaw
Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnesnowta wrote:
Hit level 19 last night and did some cool stuff:

eventually grabbed the T-51B power armor set (apparantly the best in the game?)

The Winterized version is actually a bit better (From the Operation: Anchorage expansion) in that it never needs to be repaired. Yes, it does trivialize the game however... I can pretty much wade into just about any situation without regard for stealth or whatever at this point.
Zarithar Savageclaw
Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Fallout fans this is a must see...

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/are_violent_video_games

Are you prepared for the Apocalypse? Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arisen Forum Index -> Other Games: Public Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: