Arisen

HomeHome   HomeAP List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fallout 3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arisen Forum Index -> Other Games: Public Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zarithar Savageclaw
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Fallout 3 Reply with quote

Great game, anyone else play? I'm addicted...
Fredrich
Vanguard Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brought an X-box over to Iraq and have been enjoying killing mutants when I have the time.
Zarithar Savageclaw
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fredrich wrote:
I brought an X-box over to Iraq and have been enjoying killing mutants when I have the time.

Killing mutants is always a good thing. What a kickass game...
drave
Registered Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game is crazy... I play it when I can ...lol

Oh and hey guys....lol
Minnesnowta
Registered Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, was just gonna make a Fallout 3 post to see if anyone else played. I just started playing a few days ago and then read some stuff online that said you should put 9 points into INT to begin with (the 10th coming from the bobblehead), so I am starting over from when you leave the vault for the first time so I can reinvest my points.

I had like 30 min this morning before work to start playing fresh again and am on my way to Rivet City as a lvl 2 and have already encountered chaingun weilding super mutants and flamethrower raiders...damn. I am pretty close now to Rivet City (had to quit playing once I hit south D.C. due to having to go to work). This game is so awesome tho, can't wait to level up and take out 4 mobs in one V.A.T.S session

edit: I am on my way to rivet city right out of the vault to get the INT bobblehead so I can max out INT and get the max possible talent points before I level up to 3 and miss out on potential points.
Peppwyl
Vanguard Officer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved that game, but I saw the ending, hit lvl 20 and got the explorer perk (shows all locations on the map) and my PC died and I had to restore it. I lost my save and haven't bothered to install it since. But it is a pretty amazing game.
Founding Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnesnowta wrote:
Ha, was just gonna make a Fallout 3 post to see if anyone else played. I just started playing a few days ago and then read some stuff online that said you should put 9 points into INT to begin with (the 10th coming from the bobblehead), so I am starting over from when you leave the vault for the first time so I can reinvest my points.

I had like 30 min this morning before work to start playing fresh again and am on my way to Rivet City as a lvl 2 and have already encountered chaingun weilding super mutants and flamethrower raiders...damn. I am pretty close now to Rivet City (had to quit playing once I hit south D.C. due to having to go to work). This game is so awesome tho, can't wait to level up and take out 4 mobs in one V.A.T.S session

edit: I am on my way to rivet city right out of the vault to get the INT bobblehead so I can max out INT and get the max possible talent points before I level up to 3 and miss out on potential points.

Thats the way to do it because honestly... skill points > all
Minnesnowta
Registered Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I got the int bobblehead with minimal confrontations (a few molerats). I found some guide saying to go the megatron first and get the radiation portion of the wasteland survival guide quest and then swim in the river all the way to rivet city..which worked beautifully. I actually ended up walking along the shore to the citadel so that I could loot the hunting rifles off the super mutants that get killed there by the BoS dudes...then I dove in.

I also saw some tip that before you talk to someone, quicksave your game in case there is a speech check, so you can keep trying to get a successful convicing speech without really worrying about your speech skill (so I got the 500 bottlecaps from disarming the nuke instead of 100 for example).

Anyway, awesome game so far! If anyone has any tips on what perks to choose and which to avoid then that would be awesome.
Fredrich
Vanguard Officer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didnt run into any mirelurks? I havent been to Rivet City. Im level 18 and I went North to explore at lvl 4 and came back down the right side and am not midway through the middle of D.C. I was wondering If I should start over just to see everything else. The Railway Rifle is a great weapon and has started making the game pretty easy. The only thing that still gives any issues are the deathclaws. I hear the best way to take them out is to sting them with a Dart Gun that you can make but I havent found the schematics yet.
Minnesnowta
Registered Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fredrich wrote:
You didnt run into any mirelurks? I havent been to Rivet City. Im level 18 and I went North to explore at lvl 4 and came back down the right side and am not midway through the middle of D.C. I was wondering If I should start over just to see everything else. The Railway Rifle is a great weapon and has started making the game pretty easy. The only thing that still gives any issues are the deathclaws. I hear the best way to take them out is to sting them with a Dart Gun that you can make but I havent found the schematics yet.

Yep there were mirelocks along the western bank of the river south of the citadel, but none are in the water. I swam in middle of the river so I was far away enough from the mirelocks (they never aggrod me, but in a guide I read it says that you can outswim them anyway).

And if you want to know where the schematics of the dart gun are, just go here: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Schematics_-_Dart_Gun
Zarithar Savageclaw
Founding Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only real tips I have about perks are... avoid any that add +10 or whatever to any skill. With int maxed and the perk that adds +3 skill points per level you won't need any of them. Also dont take any of the bonus xp perks or the "here and now" instant level one. All are wasted perks. You will max out level soon enough believe me.

Good starting "tag" skills: small guns, lock pick, explosives

Its a good idea to save before every time you try to open a lock or hack a computer.

Finally... save your .44 ammo and get Lincoln's Repeater! Cool
Minnesnowta
Registered Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea good tips, right now I think I am level 8 and snagged the repeater around level 6 Smile. I saw videos of it online and figured with my dart gun/combat shotgun combo that I'd be able to handle the ghouls and glowing ones. It was simple enough, the darts usually killed the ghouls with one hit + poison and the combat shotgun took down the glowing one in 2 headshots..so yay!

So far I have spent my perks on a few ranks of intense training, improved VATS accuracy in small arms and two-handed weaps (two different perks, one might be called "gunslinger"?), the comprehension perk and the extra skill points when leveling perk.

I've also encountered a random deathclaw (on my way to snag the dart gun schematic at the NW corner of the map) and luckily had 2 bottlecap mines on me to kill it. I just cleared out the yao guai tunnels last night and had no problem with them at all with dart gun + shotgun combo as well as sneak headshot crits with the lincoln repeater (1 hit = dead...then again I am at 95 small guns skill).

So far the hardest thing I've had to fight has been the tank-style robot when getting the small gun bobblehead from the national guard armory...I had no pulse grenades or mines on me so at first I just rushed past it into the armory and found a lot of mines and grenades in there (and a missle launcher!) so it wasn't too bad after that.

Anyway, still a sweet game!
Zarithar Savageclaw
Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the sentry bots can be rough without pulse grenades...

One other thing, I use either the Shishkebab or Jing Wei's Shocksword (from the Operation Anchorage addon) on ghouls, glowing ones, mole rats, etc. Basically anything that melees, I don't wase ammo on it. Notable exception are the giant radscorpions, which I take out using mines for the most part.

By the time I was regularly encountering deathclaws, I was higher level and my melee skill was up there to where even they didn't present a challenge hand to hand.

One final thing, don't raise any skill above 85 when levelling up... you will find enough skill books to raise them to 100 easily from 85. Some even say stop at 80.
Minnesnowta
Registered Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a few more fun things last night:

Did the save/reload trick before triggering a random event location until eventually the explosion in the air event happened and I snagged me the Firelance (did this at the abandoned barn west of Vault 101)

Got the agility and strenth bobbleheads

Finished the Wasteland Survival Guide quests so I got the book and the perks (did all the optional requirements)

Found the crashed spaceship NW of the minefield to snag the Alien Blaster...

Then ventured up to Old Olney and killed 2 of the deathclaws on the surface (dart gun to cripple them then lincoln repeater and chinese assault rifle to kill while walking backwards) and then began wandering around the town and accidentally fell through the sewer trap door....so ended up slowly wandering around the sewers and eventually killed all the deathclaws (slowly...) and only got hit once when I stupidly went into VATS with one near me instead of free-aiming so I could keep moving backwards...also used the Alien Blaster on one of em (after darting it) and killed it in 2 hits, heh. So I got all the goodies in the sewers (some sort of power armor, a missile launcher in near perfect condition and my first fatman launcher!). Good times. My only complaint about the place is that the deathclaws spawn when you approach them rather than always being there...which scared the crap out of me because I was sneaking through the tunnels and all of the sudden a deathclaw just appeared right before my eyes about 5 feet in front of me...grr.

The only things I have yet to see (as far as I know) is a Mr. Gutsy (weaponized version of Mr. Handy) and the super mutant behemoth.

Oh, I also created the railway gun and am not too impressed with it.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling posts, I am just in love with this game
Peppwyl
Vanguard Officer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah the railway gun kind of sucks, it's just cool to shoot railway spikes. The Super Mutant Behemoth you encounter is part of the main quest line. If you come upon the brotherhood and there is a group of them and they are taking down mutants, help them. you will clear to the Radio building with 3dog in it and face the Behemoth there. (save close to the station) you will either be given a Fatboy launcher or find on on a corpse, use that to kill him.

I found the Brotherhood guys followed them grabbed the fatboy and got stomped by the mutant. So I decided to come back in a few levels... NOT a good idea. Most of the Mutants were dead, but all of the Brotherhood guys were gone (mostly dead) and I couldn't find the Fatboy launcher. So I had to run back to my house and grab my missle launcher and use my stockpile of missles on the Behemoth, it was a long fight. BUt I figured a way to kick his ass and not get touched, but I don't want to spoil it for you. enjoy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arisen Forum Index -> Other Games: Public Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: