Arisen

HomeHome   HomeAP List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Diablo III
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arisen Forum Index -> Other Games: Public Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zarithar Savageclaw
Founding Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Diablo III Reply with quote

Looks like it will be announced over the weekend in Paris.

There's BETTER be a cow level!!!

Dennen
The Explosive

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wonder what it's going to be about... I haven't played Diablo or Diablo 2 in quite some time... Does anyone recall what the Third could possibly be about?

Eh, regardless of what it could be about. I won't say that it's not possible for them to announce it. It's likely they're going to announce it this year then release it for Winter of 2010.
WoW Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Find Thead, I am more intrested in an WoTLK and SC2 release date, but still kinda cool.
Zarithar Savageclaw
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennen wrote:
I just wonder what it's going to be about... I haven't played Diablo or Diablo 2 in quite some time... Does anyone recall what the Third could possibly be about?

Eh, regardless of what it could be about. I won't say that it's not possible for them to announce it. It's likely they're going to announce it this year then release it for Winter of 2010.

I was wondering the same thing myself actually. Diablo himself was utterly destroyed in D2, but we all know that in fantasy, creatures like demons can always find a way back...

The end of Diablo II seemed pretty final though, with Baal being destroyed and the story seeming to wrap up nicely, but again, nothing is ever truly over in these kind of fantasy settings.

I always did enjoy the Diablo settings lore, although it sort of irked me that between Diablo and Diablo II they really started to shy away from using real world religious symbols etc. Diablo for example was filled with crucifixes, references to a Christian God, etc... but in Diablo II they really moved away from that. In my opinion its somewhat cowardly, and reeks of political correctness... anyway, mini-rant over, I am sure it will be a good game and yea, we will be lucky to see it in 2010... more likely 2011.
Dennen
The Explosive

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I looked it up. Seems that if they just let things be and allow Diablo, Mephisto and Baal to be dealt with for good, then the story will continue forth with one of Mephistos remaining children.. He had two, Lucion and Lilith - Lilith was introduced to D2 via patch and thus killed. Lucion has yet to appear in the game or story it seems.

At the end of Diablo 2, Tyrael had destroyed the Worldstone protecting the mortal realm from the forces of Hell. So the story will likely pick off there.

Apparently the books go to tell that there were seven Prime Evils. Hell was controlled by three of them acting as a triumvirate that we know as Diablo Mephisto and Baal. However, two of the other Prime Evils, known as Azmodan, Lord of Sin and Belial, Lord of Lies, felt that the Triumvirate was unwilling to move forth with the battle against Heaven. As such, they plotted and succeeded in overthrowing the Triumvirate - banishing Diablo Mehphisto and Baal to the Mortal World.

They felt that by doing this, heaven's forces would have to focus on preventing the overthrown Triumvirate from taking over the Mortal world, thus leaving Heaven wide open for attack. So my guess is that chonologically, Diablo 1 takes place here. As we know, Diablo was destroyed and then later took over the adventurer's body and brought us to Diablo 2.

In Diablo 2, we were introduced to two more of the Prime Evils, Andariel and Duriel. This covers all 7 of the Prime Evils. Through Diablo 2's storyline, the stones to which the Triumvirate's very essences had been banished to were destroyed, supposedly destroying the three for all eternity. However, because of Baal's corruption of the World Stone, it had to be destroyed by Tyrael and thus Diablo 2 ended.

Somewhere between the beginning of Diablo 1 and the end of Diablo 2. Azmodan and Belial began to argue over who had greater Authority over Hell. After the arguing began, the alliance they formed to overthrow the Triumvirate was broken and Hell was erupted into a civil war. What happened after this is unknown, though the Diablo book "Legacy of Blood" names Belial as the "Lord of Hell".

So that's pretty much all I could find..

If the story continues on, it seems it will pick up with what has happened now that the Worldstone is destroyed. And it seems the new major enemy of the game will be either Azmodan or Belial - but likely end up being both. Whether or not Mephisto's son Lucion will be brought into the story is also unknown.
Founding Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting stuff for sure... sounds like I need to pick up some of these books, and hope they are a little better written than the WoW novels! Laughing

In any case, based on that, it looks like there are many ways Blizz could go with the storyline.
Dennen
The Explosive

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. My personal theory is that the ice is melting. I don't think perspective has much to do with this teaser as many people are speculating.

My theory says that we are looking at the frozen lands of the Areat Mountains, melting away due to the heat from Hell. The end result will be the new big bad guy popping out to say "hello" or Blizzard putting Diablo's face in there just for recognition.

The bit where people are discovering a piece of that.... walrus-penguin puzzle thing. I honestly don't think that has much of anything to do with this. And the runes are just a symbol used like they used the timeline last year.

But regardless, and for a bit of humor. I found the pet I want. I want a Fox McCloud.

Founding Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennen wrote:

But regardless, and for a bit of humor. I found the pet I want. I want a Fox McCloud.

Heh cute. Laughing

As for the penguin creature, all I can think is that it must have something to do with Wrath, but it doesn't look much like the screenshots I have seen of the penguins from alpha. As for speculation on the ice, I have seen theories ranging from more Wrath info to a new Lost Vikings game lol... personally I still think it has something to do with Diablo. We shall know soon enough!
Beldarp
Registered Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to the main wow website now.

"Since probability is multiplicative and multiplication is commutative whether the guaranteed event (1.0) or the random event (0.x) happens first it is irrelevant and you can't say either is better or worse. " -Wilibus
anomalee
Registered Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/
Peppwyl
Vanguard Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THAT TRAILER WAS AWESOME! I can't wait for this game, I just wish I could remember Diablo II. I'm pretty sure I finished it, but the brain doesn't work so good anymore,
Registered Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never played any of the diablo stuff. tho i have played dungeon siege. after watching the gameplay video makes me want to install dungeon seige
Everquest Next Landmark - Gkar
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zarithar Savageclaw
Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gkar wrote:
i never played any of the diablo stuff. tho i have played dungeon siege. after watching the gameplay video makes me want to install dungeon seige

Dungeon Siege pales in comparison. Diablo II was a better game (Dungeon Siege was FAR too linear).
Shogung
Registered Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.gucomics.com/comic/?cdate=20080630

Razz
http://biblioklik.free.fr/abandonwares/MI1&2/MI1/captures/grog02.jpg
http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs38/f/2008/332/9/4/Schnitzel_the_ballerina_by_Cherry_Chowder.gif
http://llamabutchers.mu.nu/archives/Jedi%20Squirrels.jpg
Gkar
Registered Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, i guess some people are outraged at the graphics, i thought they looked fine Confused

http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/blog/page2.html#686671
Everquest Next Landmark - Gkar
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arisen Forum Index -> Other Games: Public Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: