Arisen

HomeHome   HomeAP List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GTA4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arisen Forum Index -> Other Games: Public Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zarithar Savageclaw
Founding Member

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: GTA4 Reply with quote

Ok so this game looks pretty badass... and has me *seriously* considering buying a console simply for this game alone. My question is...

PS3 or 360? The consensus so far from others I have talked to seems to lean towards PS3. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Pasanine
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat. The 360 is cheaper and has a huge game selection but the PS3 has the hardware to take it a long ways into the future as far as investment goes. From what I have heard the PS3 Title selection is going to be growing at a steady rate. GTA4 and Rockband are both games I want to mess around with and both are on both systems..

It would be nice to get some feedback about the PS3 Online features and if their store has improved. The Xbox Live has been the hands down leader as far as online be nice to see if PS3 is catching up.

"I play hockey and I fornicate, 'cause those are the two most fun things to do in cold weather." -'Skank' Marden:Mystery, Alaska
Krypoch
Council Elder

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since moving out.. I have bought a 360. But.. if I could afford it I would go for the PS3 from a sheer technological standpoint. It is superior to the 360 and is more a "media console" than a gaming one with the built in Blu-Ray player. It has the potential to last a lot longer than the 360.

From what Denn has told me... they have only used maybe 40% of the processing potential of the PS3 to date.

I'd buy one just for Metal Gear Solid... well... maybe not. But I'm thinking about it.

Just my 2 centavos.
ArythrylNM
WoW Officer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have owned all the current gen systems. Here is the basic breakdown I use.

Xbox360
Pro's
- Great game selection, Gears of War, Halo (for those that like it), CoD4 are the must own games I have. There is a reason the 360 is called the shooter box, if you like FPS on a console this is the rig to go with.
- The best controller out of next-gen systems, not including Wii
- HD ready out of the box no need to buy new cables
- Xboxlive is very user friendly (but see Cons)

Con's
- No built in Wireless, you will be blowing 100 bucks on that.
- 10 bucks a month for Xboxlive, which is good but not great.
- The non-shooter selection can be a little thin.
- RED RING OF DEATH!!! buying a system you will likely be without it for a month in the next year. I have had 3 systems die on me (currently on my 4th). They have a huge failure rate and the non-RROD failures are reported as high as 16%.
- KIDS KIDS KIDS, you have to listen to alot of 10-19 year old punks talking shit to you all day long on Live I have not had the same problem with PS3

PS3
Pro's
- Blu-Ray this alone makes it a winner for me since now I can watch BRD's from net flix.
- Builtin Wireless, so you don't need to add 100 bucks to the cost of the system.
- MGS4 and FFXIII are PS3 exclusives for now so if you are not a FPS fan PS3 might be better.
- Free online play, the system is not as good as live but more then adequate and free.

Con's
- Does not come with HD cables ( I mean I could understand not coming with HDMI but not even component!)
- Small library of games, and most are inferorior so far to their 360 counterparts.
- VoIP is not as robust as the 360, it works just fine I just find the 360 to have better options.

In the end it comes down to what do you want and what your friends play. I would not own a 360 if it weren't for the fact that me and my Bro play and that is what he loves. The 360 is completely unreliable and live playing against other people sucks because it is literally like 70% brats that just talk shit ( I just turn my incoming voice levels to 0 all the time).

The PS3 with blue ray is great for those that have the capability to play 1080p. The sony system has not lived up to the hype and the graphics between the 360 and PS3 are near identical despite the PS3 coming out over a year later. However, I am also a big FF fan so I have my PS3 pretty much just for that. The fact that all new models are not reverse compatibility with PS2 and PS1 games would of turned me off, but hey I didn't buy mine and got the old school 80 gig so I am happy Smile.

In the end buy the system most play and either way you can add me to your list of Friends I am Whitmo on both Live and PSN Smile.
Dennen
The Explosive

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to add "mandatory install" on the Cons for the PS3. Some of them can take up about 5g. It isn't a ton by computer standards most of the time - but it can fill up the HDD pretty quick if you buy a lot of games.
Registered Member

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beating up Hookers to get my money back has never looked better than on the 360 (I haven't tried the PS3 version though so who knows Wink).
Registered Member

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just bought a PS3 as a graduation gift to myself but purchased 0 games for it. I have played both systems in the past and both look the same graphics-wise (my parents have a PS3 and COD4 for it and I have COD4 for my 360 and they look equal) and must say I like the way the controller feels on the 360 more than the PS3. Also, as mentioned before, the voice chat system on the 360 works a bit better than the PS3, not to mention that 360's come with a microphone when you get a console whereas the PS3 does not.

If you have netflix, add some more "points" to the PS3 because you can watch blu-rays with it. I personally just joined netflix because of the PS3.

One bummer though is both the PS3 and 360 only have optical outs for surround sound and neither have digital coax. My crappy 5-year old receiver only has one optical in and one digital coax so I have to swap my optical cable back and forth. Oh well.
Shogung
Registered Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArythrylNM wrote:
Xbox360
Pro's ....
-

also can be juryrigged as a server http://windowsitpro.com/article/articleid/50428/the-website-is-down-because-someone-removed-the-x-box.html Razz
http://biblioklik.free.fr/abandonwares/MI1&2/MI1/captures/grog02.jpg
http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs38/f/2008/332/9/4/Schnitzel_the_ballerina_by_Cherry_Chowder.gif
http://llamabutchers.mu.nu/archives/Jedi%20Squirrels.jpg
Peppwyl
Vanguard Officer

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krypoch wrote:

I'd buy one just for Metal Gear Solid... well... maybe not. But I'm thinking about it.

That's what I'm doing. June 12, Buying a PS3 and Metal Gear Solid bundle since they aren't selling any 80gig PS3's around here at the moment. I would like to have the 2 extra usb ports and the SD card slots would be nice. Rather than the 40gig with only 2 usb ports and no slots.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arisen Forum Index -> Other Games: Public Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: