Arisen

HomeHome   HomeAP List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Final Fantasy 12!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arisen Forum Index -> Other Games: Public Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyraxus
Registered Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Final Fantasy 12! Reply with quote

So, during my6 absence from WoW among other things I plan on catching up on a few RPG's and other such games for the PS2 that I simply overlooked or never picked up due to pouring my time into Wow. These might be long, might be short, either way just looking for conversation concerning "other" games.

Since there are clearly not enough topics in this forum I decided I will probably post here from time to time to praise, berate, or otherwise discuss whatever game I'm currently working. Will also keep me coming to the forums.

Currently I'm playing through FF12. I bought the game when it came out, the collectors edition or whatever its called and walk through guide (yes I tend to be a dirty rotten cheater on some RPGs)

I'm about 3/4 of the way through the game/sidequests. Story-line wise I am headed to whatever its called holy land after my intrusion into the Draklor Lab.

All in all I'm enjoying the game and what it represents to the FF collection. I've always been a huge fan of meshing fantasy and sci-fi and I feel the game has done a great job of it what with armor clad knights being transported around on flying hovercraft and airships. The amount of side quests in this game is pretty staggering, to the point that even with the guidebook I don't plan on doing all of them. I do plan on doing all the hunts (just finished battle on the big bridge before coming to work here, I love Gilgamesh) and gathering all of the espers.

I like the stylings of the espers but I defeintely prefer the more familiar Ifrit, Shiva, Ramuh, Bahamuts, etc......As far as their mechanics in game I barely actually use them, finding that my party is usually capable of physically beating down most enemies and bosses so I just let em at it.

Anyways, before this gets too long, enjoying the game, give me thoughts or discuss! I'm headed back to work!
Toan
Registered Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oy, I still have to beat you at SSBB one of these days!
Registered Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm loosing my Wii! Ok so technically it isn't my Wii, but I won't have one around the apartment anymore Razz
Dennen
The Explosive

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally getting that work done, eh?!

I keed I keed.

It's been quite some time since I played FFXII to be honest. I remember it being decent. But one of the major complaints, the battle system... I personally thought it was just fine =) I did miss the super nifty summoning videos though.
Registered Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't a fan of the battle system at first either, but given the "Active-Dimension" side of things it made the process of grinding your way across the world map or through the twists and turns of a dungeon a lot easier. Truly a lazy mans RPG battle system once your familiar with it.
ArythrylNM
WoW Officer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF12 had a lot of potential at the beging, but i really thought its political drama grew weak at the end. The battle system I hated,it truly made the jump from playing the game to watching. Once i got a few gambits i played the last 20 hours with just the analog stick.

If it wasn;t for the name it was an easily forgettable jRPG.

Now GTAIV seems like something good, I still need to beat super paper mario and get SSBB.

Speaking of Wii if you like soccer games pick up PES 2k8, sweetest soccer sim eva!!!
Tyraxus
Registered Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gambit system allowed me to do one key thing that is making the game much easier. I used the auto leveling trick on the rare spawn inside the stilshrine of Miriam. I didn't plan on using it but curiosity got the best of me and i did it overnight, woke up to my party having gone from level 38ish to 65 on their own. Kind of a nice boost so with the exception of a few of the side/uber bosses I will be doing the same and just pushing the analog stick around to see the rest of the game.

I like the three deimensional battle system but I prefer a more star ocean (til the end of time)/ kingdom hearts battle system to complete it. I dunno I should have the game completed by the end of the week and I've got my next RPG lined up which I'll make a new thread about when I start. It's definetely one of my favorite series of RPG's and I was ashamed for never having finished. Any guesses? Maybe a cookie for anyone who gets it! Okapi you don't count you already saw what game I have sitting here!
Tyraxus
Registered Member

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....and done!

All in all I would call this an "average" RPG. Some good things, some bad, nothing over the top that made me stop and say "zomg!" But maybe thats just me. I don't think I've reacted like that to video games since I got out of high school. It was definitely an enjoyable play though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arisen Forum Index -> Other Games: Public Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: