Arisen

HomeHome   HomeAP List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Well for those that dont have CB Access

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gkar
Registered Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Well for those that dont have CB Access Reply with quote

i know this is a EQ news but i wanted to let other have a achance to read this if they couldnt get to CB boards

Detailed Report on The War for Firiona Vie(it will never be the same)

Quote:
Last night had a massive serverwide event that changed the zone of Firiona Vie forever. I've stayed up through the night creating a detailed summary of the war involving thousands of NPCs that took place in Kunark over the course of 5-10+ hours (depending on your server). We'll be adding an image gallery with 100+ images later in the day. The summary below has a good 25 or so of those images in it.

Click here to read our write-up on The War for Firiona Vie

was dated 02-03-2005 07:09 AM

Quote:
The events which happened across servers this past night permanently changed the zone of Firiona Vie. It is now occupied by the forces of evil and any good characters should be wary of approaching the city as they will not be welcome.

From the moment the war started in Dreadlands to its finish in Firiona Vie, anywhere from five to twelve hours had elapsed depending on the actions of those adventurers who were taking part on each server. It is without question, the most complex event I can think of that SOE has run. To call is a "GM Event" would be a gross understatement for the hundreds of hours, the dev team poured into this project.

Even better is that, based on the positive response from players, I think we can look forward to many more such events in the future. This was the most fun I have had in ages and I can't wait to see what similar events are going to be planned for the future.

Well dam dam dam $%^$%#&^%$&^%$&^% i missed it...

http://eq.crgaming.com/viewarticle.asp?Article=7661
Everquest Next Landmark - Gkar
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zarithar Savageclaw
Founding Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool. I just have to ask myself though, why not Cabilis vs FV or even Venril Sathir and his forces. It would have made more sense to me to have Lanys make an attack somewhere in Antonica or Faydwer.
Gkar
Registered Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont remeber the Whole back story to EQ2 but i think there doing these events to tie it all together..

the devs have stated that these events would happen.. to bad there hadnt done these a year ago people might have stayed interested in EQ.

i know Planetside the last 6 months have been doing these types of events and there starting to gain population and new players again.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kishan
Registered Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, but they're screwing up quests for players... I know that one of the enchanter epic quest npcs is located in FV... and how are people supposed to get to the expansion now that the boat is gone. Not everyone has PoP so some will have to use the old fasioned way.
Gkar
Registered Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kishan wrote:
yeah, but they're screwing up quests for players... I know that one of the enchanter epic quest npcs is located in FV... and how are people supposed to get to the expansion now that the boat is gone. Not everyone has PoP so some will have to use the old fasioned way.

OH ye who has not played in a year.. they got rid of the boats long time ago now you talk to a npc and they port you there..

as far as quests i couldnt tell you im sure they made changes for those.. i no the ranger epic 1 has a big part in FV as well.. im sure there will be a cry the likes we have not seen if they hadnt
Kishan
Registered Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah... I can see the devs now... "shit, I knew we forgot about something..."
kanti
Registered Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at that event. It was definitely something to see. Tons of dead bodies all over the place. They were player bodies. I had 1 friend die at least 5 times just trying to get his body back. He finally had to log cause it was so late and he never did get them back, and he was just in the tunnel trying to get to the dreadlands. I even had friends get killed through the walls at the entrance to Karnor's Castle twice. I guess he didn't learn from the first time he died. It was definitely an event for high lvl players, but even they died alot. But people came together and actually started helping others. They gave out free buffs, rezes and even tried to help others that were having problems getting places get to were they wanted to be. I got lucky and I think I might have been the only person there that only died once the whole time I was there. I definitely had a good time there though. It was definitely interesting.Alot of very nice items dropped also but of course I didn't get anything. I can't wait to see how this is going to change things there in Firiona Vie and the Dreadlands.

Kanti

I wound up staying up till after 4am summoning bodies from all over the zone. It was crazy but still fun.
Rasun
Registered Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds very cool, I wish that they would have done this shit during the five years that I was still playing. Too little too late if you ask me, I don't see WoW hitting a brick wall any time soon.
Thunderhorn
Naku - Tauren Shaman
Gkar
Registered Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WoW wont hit a brick wall unless server issues creep up again.

but i can see some people coming back(even if part time) to Eq if they keep doing these sort of things especially those that still care about it. and sometimes being away from the game helps to.

EQ Population has probably stablized and will probably gain some.

If Vanguard is as good as it looks WoW and EQ2 will take a big hit from it
Cellen
Registered Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can think of when I read about people dying in EQ is,

"Man, I'm gonna have to hit PoFire for 19 hours to make up all this lost exp."

and

"God now I have to get a new KEI"

And the good old,

"Rez plz" though since I had a clericbot this wasn't as big of a deal.
Kishan
Registered Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah... one thing I WON'T miss is the loss of xp due to death... I don't like the idea of having to redue work...
Rasun
Registered Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Vanguard is good, I will at least try it out. I still have a lot of loyalty to Verant, aka Sigil now.
Thunderhorn
Naku - Tauren Shaman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arisen Forum Index -> Public Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: