Arisen

HomeHome   HomeAP List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More of a sugestion...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeckeriah
Registered Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: More of a sugestion... Reply with quote

With the ammount of time this server is spent down, I recently been thinking about a server switch to a less populated server that no one receives less lag. It's only a thought and I need some input.

ALT - Ollie
Gkar
Registered Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as with anything they will eventually get this fixed. patients.

im actually doing laundry in the down time and catching up with news from cassini
Everquest Next Landmark - Gkar
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cellen
Registered Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we could play EQ2

Holy shit did I say that?
Nem
Registered Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a Troll toon on another server for the boring times. And well, RASTA OWNS, mon!
Registered Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cellen wrote:
we could play EQ2
Holy shit did I say that?
\

But dammit i was close to 29!!!!!

f**** EQ2
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Genlisea
Registered Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admitt the thought has also crossed my mind, however, I have 2 issues with this.

1) I really like this guild! I would hate to move and leave Arisen behind.
2) Gen was rolled on day 1 and with the exception of the 7 hours I have put into Kaeta I have played her exclusively. That's alot of time invested.

On the other hand I have been reliving alot of that time recently with the roll backs, not liking that, and really it doesn't seem to me that Blizzard is able to get a handle on the problems at the moment, if anything they are getting worse. Soon I suspect there won't be such a thing as a stable server which has me really questioning if I will even continue to play WoW at all. Honestly not having much fun with the game right now.

I can be patient though, and give them more time.. even AO got better with time.. too bad there wasn't really a game under all the lag and crashes AO launched with. WoW at least has content. It's sad really that the server issues and the poor ingame support have me concidering leaving what is probably the most fun game I have ever played.

A server switch is still an idea that deserves some concideration, for me at least. In the meantime I am hoping for Bliz to get things working.. not holding my breath.. but still hoping.
Tairy
Founding Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

200 hours or so is too much for me to walk away from full-time.
Gkar
Registered Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a lot of US have been thru this with EQ they eventually got things ironed out.

the same will happen here.

i play eq2(not as much now) but there servers are very stable they learned alot from EQ. Blizzard didnt have that. eq2 had only 1 major hiccup with servers and that kept everyone down for a day.

I believe blizzard will get better as well.
Ensaino
Registered Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sintar, Stony and I have toons on the Thunderlord server. It's always been up when doom is down. It a pvp server and we are horde. My toons name is Uub (troll) and Sintar is Bruceleroy (tauren) so if you want to come hang out send one of us a tell. We have toons that are lvl 10 but just started some new ones.
anomalee
Registered Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They may offer server transfers. If they can transfer all my characters on Doomhammer, I may just do that. I had emailed them recently saying I was unhappy with the service and they replied with this:

Quote:
We have carefully calculated and compared the number of servers we have online versus the number of subscribers playing the game. After doing this, we have determined that we have enough servers capable of handling the number of subscribers currently playing the game. However, we do apologize that the server you are reporting about has a queue; we fully support allowing customers to choose what server they would like to play on and your server happens to be a highly populated server. We are currently analyzing the possibility of allowing users to move their character(s) to less populated servers. We do not have an estimated time of when we will be able to provide such a solution, but we would like to emphasize that we will try to provide this solution as soon as possible.

Notice they say when, not If. I also do not want to start over again. I played the original Amalee in beta until 38 and am now finally enjoying being past that and seeing new things. However, if they offer a server transfer, I am going to seriously consider it. I play on two other servers as well as doomhammer. Both are central, one high population and one low-medium. Neither of them have problems as bad as doomhammer with lag or server crashes.

Oh BTW- I never complained about a queue, I complained about server instability. It was a canned reply, but it does make me think they will offer transfers.
Zarithar Savageclaw
Founding Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I could move ALL of my toons on Doomhammer to another server then I would do it... otherwise, nope.
Kishan
Registered Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been on doomhammer at all in the past week b/c every time I goto log on it's been down Sad so I've been playing on the other server I'm on. If you guys ever get bored come join me on Darkspear Smile It's never had any problems at all and has always been up except for when they are patching or doing maintenance. My char's name is Jonais and I'm a NE Druid.
Coatze
Registered Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think itll be SoE transfers, as in, 50 bucks etc etc.. or just "Free because we suck" itll be a lot more difficult for them to transfer chars because i believe that none of the servers are connected in any way (IE no interserver chat)
stango
Registered Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just say other servers are alot better. I have a toon on laughing skull which never crashes and I have no lag problems. Should have waited till the third round of servers before starting.
shinook
Registered Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been playing a Horde Shaman on Genora server, there is little to no lag and NO ROLLBACKS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arisen Forum Index -> Public Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: