Arisen

HomeHome   HomeAP List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy New Years CB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geminias
Registered Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject: Happy New Years CB Reply with quote

Hey Everyone, How's it going?

I was taking a stroll down memory lane this year and fired up the FTP EQ.
Since, it appears that a lot of you have moved on to WoW; I just have to say it:

EMP is up in SSRA, and it's our obligation to make sure IV and SA can't get keyed for Vex Thall.

TL's in the Nexus for those that need Razz
-----

Also, is anyone looking into EQNext?
Pasanine
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EQNext,

What can I say but not interested. I think MMOs in general that are being released these days tend to stray away from what drew me into them in the first place. EQ had that unexplored challenge with little to no meta gaming. MMOs now seem to be about maxing stats and getting to end game. The best challenge of EQ was the leveling and the racing of other humans to pixel created rewards and team building. Find me group chats that went on all night now in any of these games.

I've been playing Vanguard a bit lately as it was a good followup to EQ but SOE announced its going to shut that down in July this year. EQ that I liked has become a 100 expansion nightmare. I'd play P99 server if I had a good group to meet up with but I don't have the colon like I use to and can't fathom sitting at a camp in lower guk or howling stones for more then an hour. Even if I wanted to log into EQ it would be to go and kill all the old dragons which are never up thanks to level 100's soloing them for fun.

Maybe I'm getting old and cranky but I doubt anything will ever top EQ or Vanguard in what I'm looking for. I guess that's why I continue to build a NWN2 PW server instead of trying to find that fire in a game again. ESO was promising and may still be but I don't know if FPSpell Casting and sword wacking in my bag either. wheres the strategy in that?

"I play hockey and I fornicate, 'cause those are the two most fun things to do in cold weather." -'Skank' Marden:Mystery, Alaska
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arisen Forum Index -> Public Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: