Arisen

HomeHome   HomeAP List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wizard 101

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arisen Forum Index -> Other Games: Public Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zarithar Savageclaw
Founding Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Wizard 101 Reply with quote

Here's a fun semi-free MMO I discovered the other day. It's definately one of the better free to play MMOs I have tried out, second only to the late Mythos. Anyway, heres a sort of mini-review I posted at GU:

This is a free to play MMO which at first glance seems to be aimed at kids... however, it has an addictive TCG style battle system and 6 or more caster classes to choose from. Amongst other nifty features there are a great variety of minigames which can be used to restore mana. These games are based upon such classics as Joust, Dig-Dug, etc and are great fun in and of themselves.

The graphics are very WoW-esque, which is a good thing in my book, espescially for something so lighthearted. Character and casting animations are awesome, and I literally lol'd the first time I saw the "leprechaun" spell cast.

I meant to just give it a quick try and then go back to WoW and finish up my Valentine's Day achievements, but Wizards sucked me in and next thing you know I had been playing for 5 hours. Check it out... lots of fun!

https://www.wizard101.com/
Pasanine
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My youngest son plays this now and then.

"I play hockey and I fornicate, 'cause those are the two most fun things to do in cold weather." -'Skank' Marden:Mystery, Alaska
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arisen Forum Index -> Other Games: Public Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: